Our school curriculum is underpinned by the values that we hold dear at our school. The curriculum is the means by which the school achieves its objective of educating children in the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need in order to lead fulfilling lives. These are the main values of our school, upon which we have based our curriculum:
- We value the way in which all children are unique and our curriculum promotes respect for the views of each individual child and for people of all cultures.
- We value the spiritual and moral development of each person, as well as their intellectual and physical growth.
- We value the importance of each person in our community.
- We organise our curriculum so that we promote co-operation and understanding between all members of our community. We value the rights enjoyed by each person in our society. We respect each child in our school for who they are and we treat them with fairness and honesty.
- We aim to enable each person to be successful and we provide equal opportunities for all the children in our school.
- We value our environment and we aim, through the curriculum, to teach respect for the world and how we should care for it for future generations, as well as our own.